Gallery Associate Hong Kong
Axel Vervoordt is an internationally renowned company, constructed and organized around 5 core activities: the Art and Antiques department, the Axel Vervoordt Gallery for modern and contemporary Art, The interior Design Office, the Axel Vervoordt Home Collection, and the Axel Vervoordt Real Estate department.
The company is located in Belgium, USA and Hong Kong. Currently there are some 90 people employed across the various teams.
For our Gallery activities in Hong Kong, we are seeking a
Gallery Associate (full-time)
responsible for daily management and sales.
He or she is a skillful organizer and salesperson with an art historical background as well as a familiarity and comprehension of our company’s mission and philosophy.
• Managing daily gallery operations
• Overseeing exhibition installations, logistics, and special events
• Sales and follow up of administration; liaising with clients, collectors, institutions, and media
• Maintaining and expanding client portfolio
• Handle all incoming inquiries by phone, e-mail and person
• Research and examination of works, documenting and issuing certificates on works in the collection of Axel Vervoordt Gallery
• Preparations of exhibition catalogs
• Keeping up to date with (inter)national contemporary art and auction research/results
• Art historical education and background, or similar and relevant sales experience
• Very fluent in English, (and preferable Mandarin or Cantonese)
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications and experienced in social media
• Skilled communicator
• Discrete and professional attitude
• Well organized, self –motivated and able to handle multiple projects and exhibitions under tight deadlines
• Positive, flexible and dynamic personality that is able to take initiative
A versatile and independent position in a unique, professional and dynamic company.
Please submit your motivation and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org